.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Frozen Strawberry-Mango Cake

I heart Strawberries.

But my strawberries from Benguet failed to taste as sweet as it used to be.

But nevertheless I still made this cake and was able to share it with people who are part of life. I hope I didn't fail to give them the sweetest dessert possible. And to the Ace Saatchi people who also tasted it, you should order next time :)

To my readers, here's how to do this frozen cake.

You will need butter, cream, gelatin (diluted in warm water), condensed milk, vanilla extract, sugar, broas, mangoes (cut into cubes) and strawberries (sliced into halves)

Arrange broas inside a tray. It will serve as the base of the cake then set aside. Heat a casserole in low heat then melt butter. Add the cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract then followed by sugar and the gelatin mixture. Pour the mixture on top of the broas. Cool for 10 minutes until firm. Then top the strawberries and mangoes. Place inside the freezer for 4-6 hours. Then serve.

Hope you like it!

hugs,
joanie xxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another for me to try.
Congratulations to your new place and I hope to dine again. When I go back to Manila.

-Mye Mye

RJ said...

Beautiful and lovely! o",)

I have all the ingredients of this Strawberry Cake here in my fridge, except the broas. Huhmn... ano kaya ang pwedeng substitute, crushed cookies & cream?

Joanie said...

-MYE MYE
Hi you're back. Just let me know when you're in Manila. :-)

-RJ
Hey there! You can use graham crackers. Or even without the base, this could still work. And would taste better perhaps. And creamier too! Good luck on your try :-)

Anonymous said...

How come strawberries aren't sweet anymore?

I'm happy about your decision.
Waking Life. Julie Delphy and Ethan Hawke. You're right.

Now I know your song "The thoughts of Mary Jane" from your previous post. Nick Drake is a genius for you.

-MR. PINK MOON